Judges revealed for Innovation Awards
Each judge is a specialist in his or her own field and will call on their breadth of knowledge and extensive experience when considering each of the awards’ eight categories. Judging the Innovation Awards will take place behind closed doors on Sunday 20 January. Those in the hot seat are:
- Steve Hodgson – co-owner of Nags Essentials, King’s Lynn, Norfolk.
- Kathryn Jaquet – managing director of independent retailer RB Equestrian, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
- Catherine Rudenko – independent equine nutritionist, of Equine Nutri Health.
- Kay Hastilow – master saddler and saddle fitting expert.
- Liz Brown – an equine vet specialising in performance horses. She is also the British Eventing team vet.
- James Sommerville – a Yorkshire-based international event rider.
“The Innovation Awards are highly prized throughout the industry, with the winning products going on to secure considerable acclaim,” said BETA International organiser Claire Thomas. “Our judges always have a mammoth task on their hands when it comes to selecting the very best entries. All aspects of a product must be considered and no stone is left unturned. There is no greater feeling than to gather with our exhibitors and visitors to hear the winners announced and see the celebrations unfold as companies are acknowledged and congratulated. The awards are hugely important – that’s why it’s essential that we have the very best people to judge them.”
The Innovation Awards are created to highlight the show’s diverse range of exhibitors and feature the following categories: Country Clothing & Footwear, Feed & Supplements, General, Horsecare Equipment & (Horse) Clothing, Pet Products, Rider Clothing & Footwear, Saddlery & Tack and Safety & Security.
Judging takes place on Sunday 20 January and the winners are announced at The Charles Owen Spotlight later that day as part of the show’s special awards ceremony.